Outpatient services, like CT scans, x-rays, and laboratory testing, can be a time-consuming and frustrating process for most people. We understand that life is busy, so we aim to make this part of your healthcare process as easy as possible for you and your family. There's no calling for hours for an appointment only to be told you can't be seen for a week.
At The Colony ER Hospital, we simplify it for you by verifying the order and then reaching out to you once your insurance company has authorized your testing. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We can see you any time, day or night, for onsite testing in our professional, clean and comfortable hospital. If your test is covered under your insurance (most private insurance carriers require pre-authorization before testing), we can often see you the same day.
How Our Outpatient Service Works
Your physician will simply fill out the order form below and fax it to our facility via a secured fax system. Upon receipt and review of the order, our patient services manager will immediately reach out to the physician if there are any questions. Our team will then quickly contact the Private Insurance Company and begin the pre-authorization process. Once pre-authorization is confirmed, we will immediately reach out to you and inform you of the approval. That's it! Then you come in -- after school, after work, on the weekend...whenever it's convenient for you.
More on Insurance
Many Private Insurance Companies vary on the approval of any testing that is deemed non-emergent; therefore, we also offer our patients a cash pay rate. Cash pay rates can significantly reduce your out of pocket costs and eliminate any need to wait for insurance approvals
(Cash pricing will be discussed individually with each patient in person)
Our imaging services include CT scan, X-ray, and Ultrasound. Most results are within 30 minutes:
- Testing is available 24/7, including nights and weekends. We're here when other imaging facilities are closed!
- Private changing rooms, private restrooms, comfortable lobby with free snacks, drinks, and guest WiFi!
- Most Private Insurance Companies cover testing. We also offer cash price options for services. (Cash pricing is discussed in person).
- Ultrasound tests require some advanced notice. Please call our facility at (214) 469-2500 to let us know you're coming!
We offer a full array of laboratory testing for our outpatient services program, which is available 24/7.
We have same-day results for:
- Cardiac Enzymes
- Complete Blood Cell Counts
- Urine Drug Screens
- Liver Panels
- Blood Gases
- Complete Metabolic Profiles
- Pregnancy Tests
- Strep Testing
- Mononucleosis Testing
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) testing
- Influenza Testing
- SARS-CoV-2 Testing
We also offer 24/7 laboratory testing with results available the next day for:
- Cholesterol Panels
- Blood Glucose (A1C)
- Blood Cultures (Infection)
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Testosterone Levels
- Pregnancy Blood Test
- Thyroid Panels
- Uric Acid Levels
- C-Reactive Protein (Quantitative)
- ABO Blood Typing and Rh Factor
- These laboratory tests are only a fraction of our testing capabilities.
- Contact our team to ensure your required test is available and to best estimate the turn-around time.
- Pre-Authorization is often required for all laboratory outpatient service requests. Ensure your physician completes the convenient online request form. Again, there are also more convenient cash pay options available to our patients.
Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC Lines)
- In cases of severe infection, your physician may request that you receive caustic medications or long-term antibiotic therapy.
- The Colony ER Hospital offers PICC line or Mid-Line placements upon an order from your physician.
- PICC lines can come in a single lumen, dual-lumen, or triple lumen, depending on your needs. All PICC lines are high pressure capable which is suitable for your IV contrast needs.
- Pre-Authorization is required for all PICC Service requests. Ensure your physician completes the convenient online request form. Again, there are also more convenient cash pay options available to our patients.