1. WHAT IS ZULRESSO (brexanolone)?
A chance at a new beginning in 2.5 days
First & only:
ZULRESSO® (brexanolone) is the first and only FDA-approved treatment for postpartum depression in adults.
In clinical studies, it has been shown new moms treated with ZULRESSO experienced a greater reduction of depressive symptoms versus placebo in 2.5 days.* Symptoms were measured at the beginning of treatment using a standard depression scale and again at the end of treatment.
In these studies, generally, moms who took ZULRESSO felt better 30 days after treatment began, as measured by a standard depression scale.* This 30-day measurement was also a preplanned part of the study.
*Individual results may vary.
2. HOW DO I GET TREATED?
a. The Colony ER Hospital is currently the only treatment center in North Texas that can administer ZULRESSO.
b. There are a few steps that must be taken prior to beginning treatment; please note that this process can take up to two weeks (or sometimes longer).
- i. The Colony ER Hospital cannot prescribe treatment, but we can act as an advocate to help you begin the process.
- ii. You must be evaluated by your doctor, and your doctor must complete a referral in order to begin treatment. You can find that form here.
- iii. Your insurance provider must approve the authorization of treatment. If you are unsure if your insurance covers treatment, please contact Sage Central at 844-4-SAGERX.
3. For further information, you can visit Sage Central, or give us a call to be put in touch with our dedicated ZULRESSO advocate at 214-469-2500. You can also send an email to email@example.com.